Inspired by my beautiful friend Becca Dean, I have spent some time reflecting on the ten things I am particularly thankful for in 2013. I have not included Jesus, Paul, family and friends, my job, studying, walking by the sea, good coffee and chocolate as I am grateful for those every year! In no particular order things I am grateful for in 2013 include:
1. A young boy recognizing me as the jelly baby and bread lady when he visited our church. They represented my usual message of loving others and loving God.
2. My Priesting and first communion, the sermons preached at the latter and the presence of family and friends at both.
3. Retreats on Holy Island with work and church. Such a special, thin place. Presiding on the beach was awesome.
4. Celebrating Mum’s 80th birthday with a show and afternoon tea.
5. Finishing the book I am editing with my wonderful colleague Jo Whitehead and reading such amazing contributions from friends and strangers around the world.
6. Starting to blog – it has helped me to reflect more and explore what I and we think. It also helps me see the journeys I have been on.
7. Seeing Billy Joel events and other arts events that have inspired me.
8. Holy Spirit inspired moments.
9. Seeing and being part of the journey God is leading us on at Hodge Hill Church.
10. Seeing wonder on the face of my adorable, awesome nephew – and other children.